Where to Order Flood Elevation Certificates

According to FEMA “Flood zones are geographic areas that the FEMA has defined according to varying levels of flood risk. These zones are depicted on a community’s Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) or Flood Hazard Boundary Map. Each zone reflects the severity or type of flooding in the area.”

An Elevation Certificate is a standard form produced by FEMA that collects elevation information in reference to a specific site. A licensed Land Surveyor will be responsible for collecting elevation information from a field survey in order to complete the form. This information is used to determine the likelihood of a piece of property to sustain damage due to a flood. Once received the form is then used by the insurance industry to rate the cost or necessity for Flood Insurance. Builders can also utilize this form to obtain building permits.

Property owners can use elevation certificates to support a request to FEMA for a Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) or Letter Of Map Revision (LOMR) to remove a building from a SFHA (Special Flood Hazard Areas).

Flood Zone Determination

At Smith Roberts National Corporation, we use only the most current FEMA Flood Insurance rate maps available to determine if any portion of the subject property is shown to be within special flood hazard areas as designated on the map. Many commercial clients require elevation certificates quickly, especially when the purchase of flood insurance is required for loan closings. Please contact us today.

Request a Quote
Contact us today and one of our Licensed Professionals can help answer your questions and develop a proposal for your project.

Affiliated Companies

srbokSmith Roberts Baldischwiler, LLC
Provides multi-discipline regional Civil Engineering Design Services www.srbok.com

pzrThe Planning & Zoning Resource Group
Preforms nation-wide municipal zoning due diligence and document acquisition www.pzr.com